A standby generator128棋牌电玩 can save you from the many inconveniences that result from power outages. For example, if you or a family member uses medical equipment that must function continually using electricity, an outage could be life-threatening.
128棋牌电玩extreme weather conditions also require ongoing power. for example, in sweltering hot climates, a lack of air conditioning can pose a health risk due to heat exhaustion. in winter weather, heating systems and their thermostats use electricity as well.
The reasons to have a backup power source are many. Because each homeowner’s needs vary, so will the Generac generator costs to install. To help you determine a realistic price range, let’s look at certain factors.
How Much Does It Cost to Install A New Generac Standby Generator?
below, we discuss some of the factors that contribute to the cost of a generac whole-house generator installation.
Whole-House Generator Size & Power Output
a generator’s electrical kilowatt (kw) capacity tells you the number of watts of power that it can deliver. therefore, you will need to invest in a generac generator that is sized appropriately.
small generators deliver between 7,000 (7 kw) and 10,000 (kw) kilowatts. these units are typically selected when you need to sustain just a few electrical items in the home during a power outage.
midsize generators deliver in the range of 12,000 (12 kw) and 20,000 (20 kw) kilowatts. heating and air conditioning draw more power. therefore, a midsize option might be sufficient as long as the complete home doesn’t need electricity during a power failure. a midsize is suitable for a 2500 square-foot home or one that is smaller.
large generators deliver in the range of 22,000 (22 kw) and 45,000 (45 kw) kilowatts. this is the best choice for powering up an entire home. it should cover heating systems and central air conditioners. it can also power medical equipment, lighting, and remaining items in your home that use power. larger homes that are more than 2500 square feet benefit the most from having a whole house generator installation. there are options though if you want a partial connection.
however, the best way to approach finding the best generator for your home is to consult with an expert from townsend energy. we can find the best size generator for your home to meet all of your needs.
Determine Your Power Needs During A Power Outage
128棋牌电玩here are some common circuits you might consider when thinking of purchasing a generac generator and having it installed.
- Gas heater’s blower fan
- Home security system
- Downstairs lighting and electrical outlets
- Central air conditioning for the downstairs area
- Device for opening the garage door
- Kitchen refrigerator and other kitchen outlets for dishwasher, microwave, oven, and more
- Laundry room appliances
128棋牌电玩it can be extremely challenging to figure out how many kilowatts your appliances use daily. although you can look at your electricity statement, some appliances pull more power than others. to be safe, it’s best to consult with an expert generator installation company that is licensed and insured. this way, you won’t have to guess at it and risk making costly mistakes in miscalculations.
128棋牌电玩what you can do that will be very helpful is to indicate which items you absolutely must have running during a power outage situation. only then can a specialist give you realistic options to meet your needs. additionally, electricity runs with live currents, so never try to install a yourself. if you do, you risk an injury that can be fatal.
Generac Generator Cost Considerations
128棋牌电玩after determining the kw usage, the installation of a standby generator involves:
- Equipment choice and requirements for the installation.
- Preparation of the installation site and the location of the closest electrical power panel and meter.
- Sub-panel installation. You can opt to have an automatic transfer switch that turns on the generator immediately after the original source of power shuts down.
- The development of an outlined plan that includes a disconnection list of electronic devices and appliances affected. NOTE: Since energy surges occur during power outages, you’ll need to know which items must be unplugged before the generator kicks in. The expert installer will be able to provide this information. However, televisions and computers are mostly affected.
- Concrete pouring area and properly sized flat space.
- Fuel tank installation for the generator
- Adherence to code regulations for the lighting and wiring for the generator installation process. Based on the generator installation company’s policy, the cost is calculated either by the square footage or by the hour.
the total cost of a standby generator will range from $8,000 to $15,000 (or more) for most townsend energy clients, depending on individual circumstances, with the average job falling into the $12,000-$13,000 range. also, as mentioned above, many factors determine the price. therefore, to accurately determine the installation cost, be sure to schedule a free generac generator consultation.
an ongoing source of power is something many take for granted until it fails. avoid letting power outages place your lifestyle on hold. the best way to take control is to adopt a mindset of prevention, preparation, and take action. at townsend energy, we’re here to help. contact one of our licensed, friendly, and knowledgeable experts today to schedule your complimentary assessment.
Call Townsend Energy For All Of Your Standby Generator Requirements
Townsend Energy is a leading provider in generator installation services throughout New England. Not only do we offer backup generator installation, but also maintenance, replacement, and repair services. We only employ top quality service contractors who are well trained in the most modern methods of HVAC and generator techniques. Therefore, call or contact us online today for more information on a Townsend Energy generator installation in your home today.
contact us today to have all of your generator questions answered by the experts in the industry.